Saturday, December 25, 2010

Countdown to the New Year!

Christmas day is winding to a close. It was a non-traditional Christmas this year, as we did most of our celebrating and gift exchanging last night. Today was spent being way too lazy, and eating way too much!

Welcome. I tried to come up with a witty name for this blog and failed miserably. Aptly Named is in hopes that one day it will be aptly named. Ha Ha.  I didn't want to start yet another weight loss blog, in the hopes that this becomes more than that.  However, it is designed to document my journey to better health and fitness.

Tomorrow starts my new adventure, "Operation Stagecoach"! The primary goal being to lose 50 pounds by the end of April, when we head to the Stagecoach Music Festival in Indio with an eclectic group of friends. Quite an ambitious undertaking (both the weight loss goals and the trip), but I am excited and looking forward to the challenge. My best weight loss efforts come in the form in competition, and as I have no one to compete with, I am competing with myself and putting this whole sordid affair out in the open here on this blog. While it is highly unlikely that anyone will ever read it, at least it will be documented.

The bare bones plan is to spend the rest of 2010 recovering from the holiday season, with 2011 opening in stereotypical fashion with a diet and exercise commitment. Diet is TBD, but I do have the exercise part figured out. At least for the first seven weeks of the year. Fitness Bootcamp, here I come! Twice weekly sessions in the hopes of getting my butt and metabolism in gear.

January 1 will bring in a weigh-in, measurements, and a picture (if my husband cooperates!). I intend on updating my weight daily, my measurements weekly and my photos monthly.

Wish me luck. I refuse to say I am trying, because trying is doing something with the expectation of failure, therefore, I will say I am starting on my path to success, and getting one step closer every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment