Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holiday Traveling

I must say that I am very thankful that our holiday traveling this year consisted of driving the 15 miles to my parent's house and back. We just returned home from a quick trip to Bass Pro Shop and Trader's Joe and the freeway is jam-packed.

I happen to love Trader Joe's but my husband is rarely impressed. This trip was not as much fun as I hoped it would be. Next time I will have to go by myself or with Mom. She always enjoys a good trip to TJ's. I picked up some Candy Cane Joe Joe's today and they are delicious. I know better than to buy stuff like that, but sometimes my sweet tooth gets the better of me.

OS update -

I am staying off the scale until January 1. I don't want to see the damage from my holiday house-bound grazing until then. Having the next few days off will hopefully reset my mindset, and maybe, just maybe, the number won't be as horrific as I fear. The next week will be spent weaning myself off the junk we have all over the house and preparing for a new way of eating. I have yet to determined what I am going to do. I hate to say diet. because I never do well when I intentionally deprive myself. The tentative plan is to do low calorie, lower fat, no processed foods; focusing on eating whole foods and grains and staying away from the foods that have been processed beyond recognition. Another benefit and goal of this plan is that I can better keep my soy allergy in check. Just about everything you can buy in the store anymore has soy or a soy derivative in it. Eliminating an allergen should also help me feel better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment