Wednesday, February 13, 2013

February PopSugar Must Have Box

The moment of truth arrived today - my PopSugar Must Have box for February appeared on my front porch. This is only my second month, but January really underwhelmed me. Come on, February! Redeem January and make me a believer!




Uh-oh, not off to the best start. Upside down in the box. Not a big deal at all, but.....


The goods. . . 




Must Have Fashion #1  - Brokedown Spa Wrap ($84 value)




Cute wrap, and super soft but One Size Fits All which means One Size Fits Some but not me. Barely fits around my chest and is way too short to be decent. I don't really want to be flashing my bits and pieces with a teenage boy in the house. Hello, ebay! This also included a 30% off discount code to be used at BrokedownClothing.com.

Must Have Fashion #2 - Hanky Pankys Thong ($20 value)




Yes, that really is the color. My husband says he could wear them to work since he is required to wear safety orange. Color aside, they are really soft and will actually make their way into my drawer. They are one size fits all, though. Hate that!

Must Have Food - Mariebelle New York's Tresor Box, Dark Chocolate Pearls ($20 value estimated)




These are not listed on the Mariebelle website so I am guessing at the value. Good, but not that exciting. They have a biscuit center, which means wheat products. I don't eat wheat. Maybe my son will like them. 

Must Have Beauty - Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush ($7.50 value)




I am always on the hunt for good lipcolor and I hate reapplying so I am a fan of stains. This looks like a color that will work on me, unlike the baby pink lipgloss that came in my Julep Cupid Mystery Box. 

Must Have Entertainment - Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks book and song download ($5 value)




I am an avid reader, when I can find the time. I am not a romance reader. Romance novels, chick-lit, chick flicks, etc. do not really interest me. Will I read it? Probably. I read everything, but it is not a book I would have purchased for myself. 

Must Have Home  - Connoisseurs Quick Jewelry Cleanser ($8 value)




Yes! Something I can actually use. I was just thinking I needed jewelry cleanser. I am guilty of cleaning my rings with an old toothbrush so this actually excites me. 

Special Extra - Conversations Hearts




Last, but not least. Conversation Hearts! My weakness. Thank goodness, Valentine's is only once a year because my sweet tooth loves Conversation Hearts. I can kill a bag in one day. Best part of the box!

I really, really wanted February to wow me and it might have, if not for the two One Size Fits All items in this box. One Size Fits All is a very risky gamble. Not everyone is a size 2-12, or a woman for that matter. You risk alienating a fairly large portion of your audience by giving them items that will not fit them. The average woman is a size 14, outside of the range of most OSFA items. 

The overall value of the box is great. I figured the value of all items in the box is right around $145, which is great for a $35 box. However, I am just not getting the happy feeling I get with Julep

Oh, PopSugar Must Have - how I wanted to love you. Unfortunately, I just don't think it is going to work out between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment