Friday, February 8, 2013

Julep Cupid Mystery Box Unboxing

My Julep Cupid Mystery Box arrived today! They are still available on the Julep site for $19.99. You receive 5 polishes, so this is a great value! The polish regularly sells for $14.00 or $11.20 for Mavens, making it a $70 value for regular buyers and $56 for Mavens, excluding the bonus item.

In my box I received 4 colors, the new mystery holographic and a lip gloss. Unfortunately, I did not win the $1,000 Visa gift card or get any jewelry from Baublebar. That's ok. I am very happy with my colors for the most part. 




My colors are:

Lauren Classic With a Twist - Hot Topical Pink Creme

Lucy It Girl - Modern, Dark Burgundy Creme

Susie Classic With a Twist - Muted Mint Green Creme

Eileen American Beauty - Trina Turk Fall '12 Antique Bright White 

Evangeline American Beauty Mystery Holographic - It appears to be a rosy coppery holographic. This color is not yet available on the Julep website, but the label leads me to believe that it will be released very soon. This was also the only color with the new swatch sticker on the cap. 

and as an added bonus

Camellia Lip Gloss - Light, frosty pink lip gloss





I like Evangeline, Lauren, and Lucy, a lot. I think Eileen and Susie will grow on me. I hope. Mint Green is not really my color but it might work well as an accent nail color, or as a spring pedicure color. Light pink lip gloss does not work for me. I like that they sent a bonus item, but I will not be wearing this. Looks like an ebay or trade item for me!

I painted my nails last night using Lauren, Harley and Chelsea. Lauren is a bright pink! Definitely a summer color, but I like her layered with the Chelsea glitter. I just did a quick a dirty paint job so this is Revlon Colorstay base coat, one coat each of either Lauren or Harley, one coat of Chelsea and Freedom topcoat. It would look better with two coats of Lauren, but ehhh. Whatever. I just wanted to see how it looked. 







No comments:

Post a Comment