Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Julep Spring Mystery Box Unboxing

It's been awhile since my last post. Bad blogger! I know, but life gets in the way. We are in the middle of replacing our tile floors with wood, and the house is a mess! That project will be another post. Hopefully soon!

I received my Julep Spring Mystery Box today! The price on this box was $24.99, which is higher than their usual price of $19.99 but I am a sucker for mystery boxes so I couldn't resist.

I received box #3 according to the invoice included in the box. I did not purchase any add-ons this time. I am still kicking myself for not getting the Purple Reign add-on set that was available for March. (Speaking of March - I LOVE the Rock Star Hand Cream.)

On to the Spring Mystery Box.

I received:

One Step Polish Remover Pads - $9.99, $7.99 Maven

Nail File - $1.00 (This item is not listed on the site) 
They are great, sturdy files. 

Hair Ties - $3.00 (Again, not listed on the site) 
I just bought a three pack of these from Nordstrom for $6.99 so I am guessing at the value. I made the switch to this style of tie a few years ago and will never go back. They work great on my curly hair and don't rip out my hair. 

American Beauty Volumizing Mascara - $24.00, $19.20 Maven 
This is my second mascara from Julep. I just opened the first one, but I like it. It's not fantastic, but for "free" I'll keep using it. 


I also received four polishes. I saw where some people only received three.

Portia - $14.00, $11.20 Maven
Sheer tropical blue with opalescent glitter. Very pretty and will look great with or over Claire

Claire - $14.00, $11.20 Maven
Bright sky blue creme. Very springy. I think it will look as an Ombre with Annie from the Fall '12 Trina Turk collection

Camille - Not available online yet
I am pretty sure this the guaranteed mystery color. It is a clear opalescent glitter. It looked good on its own and should be good over another color. 

Parker - $14.00, $11.20 Maven
Golde tangerine creme. This is definitely a color I would never pick for myself. It is a nice color in person and would look good as part of an easter egg polish with a different spring color on each nail or as an accent. I don't think I am brave enough to wear it on its own. 

This box was a good value, even if I didn't win the diamond earrings. Retail (not Maven) price for everything came to $93.99, which is a great value for $24.99. 

I love Julep. I have said it before and I will say it again. Great products, great service. If you are interested in signing up, please use the links in this post and don't forget to use the code PENNY to get your first box for only $.01 plus shipping!






No comments:

Post a Comment